Launching a successful business is your dream right? You want to be your own boss. You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You work well alone. You have some money in the bank.
Whatever – if you want to launch a successful business here are some tips for doing that.
- Pick a name that will live longer than you will. What if your business becomes publicly traded some day? You need a great name.
- Now that you have the idea you have to have a plan. If you need capital you seriously need a plan. The SBA offers a lot of help on their site. www.sba.com
- Take some courses in your dream – and if what you want to do involves accreditation – get it. That certificate on the wall is extremely important. If you need a license, get that. Do NOT fake it till you make it. That’s BS and will not work – you will be exposed and risk losing all you worked for too.
- Know your competition. Why do you think Lowes builds near Home Depot, or Walgreens near CVS? Research shows that inter-connected industries all do better when clustered together.
- Have you considered Kickstarter? Do you know women meet their goals there better then men do according to a study from the University of Pennsylvania.
By all means you should follow your dreams of launching a business. Don’t spin your wheels, don’t waste time. Get assistance and advice and go for it.